We started 2017 in superb style here at Sling & Stone — we’ve got a bevy of new clients under our belt and a team that’s growing almost every week, but we’re not done yet!
To help kick things up a notch, we’re on the hunt for a curious and creative Account Director to help lead our work with the world’s best challengers, disrupters and entrepreneurs.
The right person will be passionate about public relations and communications, have a keen interest in business and technology, and want to do work that is seriously cool (as well as challenging, exciting, and different).
You will be at a point in your career where you want to work with clients that genuinely interest you, and with a team who is smart, nimble, fun, and constantly learning. You’ll also be ready to chase those companies you’ve always dreamed of working with.
You understand how our industry is changing, and aren’t afraid to think big and brave to get the job done. You also get a kick out of creating stellar work, and helping your team grow to reach their full potential.
This role will work directly with our Head of Business and Technology, so you’ll need to have strong business-focused experience, and a love of all things innovation. That said, we don’t work in silos, so consumer experience (and interest) is also beneficial.
As an agency, we muck in and have a no bullshit policy. You won’t find any typical hierarchy or politics in our office. We aren’t chained to our desks, and we operate as a team who love working together.
We are selective about the clients we work with, and we know what we stand for. In fact, we said no to more than 100 companies that didn’t fit our mandate in 2016 alone. Every single business we consider as a client must challenge the status quo, and needs to have a passionate team of Sling & Stone staff ready to tell their story to the world.
While our dog-friendly office is stocked with a full bar and the latest technology and cloud software, a job at Sling and Stone is more than the perks that meet the eye. We are a passionate team that does serious work, without taking ourselves too seriously. We create opportunities based on the individual, and encourage growth and creativity in everything we do. We’re also constantly questioning everything, striving to punch above our weight, and go home proud, everyday.
Want to know more? Here’s what we’re looking for:
- You have 6+ years experience doing PR, at an agency or in-house (and know how to juggle various things at once while remaining measured)
- You have experience telling creative client stories, whether that’s through installations, activations, digital, events or other ways (whether for consumer or business campaigns), as well as smart media relations
- You want to work with clever, committed people who get things done, but have a life outside of work
- You know how to lead teams and mentor others to build their skills
- You are a stellar communicator. Full stop
- You think strategically, critically, and you’re curious
- You ask a lot of questions and you are constantly looking for ways to improve how you do things
- You don’t silo your thinking to traditional ‘PR’ means, and actively consider other ways to help grow a brand
- You’re interested in technology and how it can make brands and PR more efficient and effective
- You know how to chase and win clients who suit the Sling & Stone ethos of partnering with challengers and disrupters
- You feel an affinity with your clients and what they stand for; we are extensions of them and the goals they have, not arm’s length contractors
If our agency sounds like somewhere you can see yourself, we’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch and let us know why you are the Account Director Sling & Stone needs: firstname.lastname@example.org.