As the first half of the year slips into distant memory (woah, what a big one), we’ve got exciting news to share from Sling & Stone.
As we continue to grow, diversify and strengthen our agency, we’ve partnered with some fantastic new clients, and brought on great talent to cater for our continued growth.
The strength of our agency is built on the foundation that we only work with clients who make us genuinely excited to get out of bed in the morning. Our focus on working with the most ambitious challengers, disrupters, and tastemakers is leading to the sort of passion and results that clients aren’t used to getting from an agency.
In the past quarter we’ve also continued to bolster our unique form of consumer PR — smart, creative and bloody effective. Our reputation within the technology community continues to reward us, with 100% of our new business enquiries coming via word of mouth.
We recently partnered with some incredible brands too:
- Make Australian homes more thoughtful with Nest, an Alphabet company and sister company to Google
- Bring the future of consumer robotics and artificial intelligence to Australian homes with Anki
- Brighten up smiles and stylish bathrooms with a subscription to Toothcrush
- Make workplaces and everyone in them safer with SafetyCulture
- Shape the future of business through unprecedented AI and machine learning innovations with Ansarada, an Australian startup success
- Help brands make more authentic and engaging influencer content with Hypetap
Our weird and wonderful team continues to grow, and we’re pumped to announce a number of new faces. Hiring the right people takes time and commitment, and our newest Slingers were worth the wait:
- Kelly McDonnell joins as Office, People & Culture Manager, to keep our team healthy and happy as we grow
- Lorna Jerez joins as Account Manager from Edelman
- Maddison Bates-Willis joins as Account Manager from Spectrum
- Sophie Brown joins as Senior Account Executive from BlueChip Communications
- James Murray joins as Senior Account Executive from Hill & Knowlton
- Grace Wearne joins as Account Executive from RMIT University, having worked on its Hyperloop project with SpaceX
- Caelyn Evans joins as Account Executive from neon black
A new trophy for the cabinet
We haven’t historically invested too much time in entering awards, preferring to focus more of our energy on doing great work for our clients.
That said, there’s one award category we care a lot about. For the second year in a row, Sling & Stone has been named Best National Agency to Work For in Asia Pacific by The Holmes Report.
Many agencies vie for this, and there is only one way to win: in-depth, anonymous surveys of your entire team. From partnering with ambitious, world-class clients, to office yoga, the latest tech, and more, we couldn't be more proud to be recognised for what we've built as a team.
We’re so humbled to get this recognition, and this one is going straight to the pool room.
Room for more, with new roles open
We’ve got many more exciting brands in the pipeline and to keep up with growth, we’re hiring across all levels, including senior and specialist roles. We are currently searching for a Head of Content, and other newly created functions.
Entrepreneurial types with a growth mindset would be best suited to these gigs. Get in touch if you’d like to chat about joining the team — email@example.com.