Are you looking to make a mark in social media and digital content for some of the most exciting and challenging brands around? (You can see just some of the world-class clients we partner with at slingstone.com)
Sling & Stone is one of the fastest-growing PR agencies in Australia. We already produce plenty of compelling content on a daily basis, but we’re looking for someone to help us turn it up a notch. We love producing great content, we want to do more of it, and have opportunities on our doorstep. We’re looking for someone to formalise our content offering, lead, and expand our work in social and digital content, and grow a team of talented, passionate people around them.
We’re hiring a Head of Social & Digital Content to join the team. You will organise, manage, and ensure high level execution of our content work, across existing and future clients. You will have the opportunity to build out a team of the best content developers in the industry.
This is a greenfield role to develop, launch, and scale, our agency's content development arm.
It will require an entrepreneurial person, who can think about the big picture but also execute incredible well. It needs someone who can be an assertive leader and decision maker, while also being extremely detailed.
We want you to bring new ideas and fresh approaches, because we don’t just work with ordinary clients. We work with clients who are at the forefront of change and innovation, so the work we do for them needs to match that ambition. We don’t just want to tick a social, digital, or content 'box', we need to lead the way for them (and our industry).
You will work directly with the agency leadership group to rapidly expand the agency’s skills and offering in this field. This will also be integrated into our current work and structure.
This is a senior role, and we have unashamedly high expectations for it.
The skills and expertise required for this role include:
- A natural storyteller — someone who knows how to tell stories that get people thinking and acting, regardless of the medium.
- Agency experience — we are looking for experience building out social and digital offerings at a PR agency.
- Team building — from hiring, to performance management, team development and training, we'd love to know about your experience and skills managing teams.
- Supplier network — experience sourcing external talent and suppliers.
- Commercial nous — you must have a demonstrable track record pitching, budgeting, and managing a range of socitla and digital content projects.
- Doer attitude — while this role (and team) will be well resourced, we also need someone who knows how and when to be resourceful, and muck in to get things done.
- Focus. We’re incredibly determined and passionate about our work, and we’re OK with not being all things to all people. That is no different for our expansion into social and digital content. We want someone who shares our passion for helping challengers and disrupters, both b2b and consumer.
- Impeccable organisation. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we do take our work seriously. Attention to detail matters, as does efficient management of teams and projects. We’re not micromanagers — but we are hyper-organised. This is incredibly important in this senior leadership role.
A few other things we consider important:
- Experience successfully negotiating substantial contracts and dealing with a range of external suppliers.
- We need someone who can not just bring a new style of work to what we do, but who can also inspire and lead and inspire the agency. We're looking for someone who cares about new technologies and how people around the world use them — ideally someone who is willing to investigate and explore new mediums like VR, AR, 360, and more.
- Insight and a strong opinion on how to measure campaigns. We don’t want to have a content capability that is full of fluff, and loses the Sling & Stone style of focusing on real results that our clients respect.
This is a senior management role. If you are interest in being involved in the content team of a PR agency, but you are in the early stage of your career, please feel free to email email@example.com so we can get in touch when this team expands.