Woah, 2018. Whatta year. We’re fresh back from summer break and excited to announce a LOT of big news.
We are more focused than ever on our goal to define the future with exceptional storytelling — and with key hires, promotions and some seriously game-changing new clients on board, this is shaping up to be our most impactful year yet.
Callan Green joins Sling & Stone as Head of Social & Content
We are super excited to announce that Callan Green has joined our agency as Head of Social & Content to spearhead a truly unique social offering for our ambitious clients.
Previously Director of Social at L’Oreal Paris in New York, and Senior Social Strategist at Sony Electronics, Callan brings 12+ years experience growing and leading social teams and services.
Callan has been working closely with many of our existing clients (who love her!), and we are incredibly excited to bolster our creative and integrated work in 2019 under her leadership.
Sian Church joins as Associate Director of New Zealand
Our New Zealand office has big plans this year, and we are delighted to announce that Sian Church has joined to head up our local operations. We’ve also made the move to new digs in Auckland to continue working closely with the country’s thriving innovation sector.
Sian was previously at Pead PR, where she led the Technology, Entertainment and Corporate team. Prior to that, she spent five years in the UK, working at London based agencies, Brands2life and Chameleon. Sian will be leading the growth of our team in this unique market, as well as PR campaigns for Mevo and a suite of exciting new brands we will announce in the coming months.
Senior leadership promoted to global roles
We’ve always wanted to expand globally in a way that doesn’t end up with a “network” of isolated offices and teams. Sling & Stone is one team, wherever we are based and we share a common hunger and passion (not just a name).
This has taken a lot of dedication and deliberate design, and we are excited to announce promotions for our leadership team in recognition not just of what’s been achieved so far, but the direction we are headed:
- Kya de Rome is now Global General Manager
- Kasi Reynolds is now Global Head of Consumer
- James Hutchinson is now Global Head of Business
Incredible new brands have joined the Sling & Stone family
We’re going into the new year with full force and focus, with a bunch of ambitious, world-class innovators joining Sling & Stone’s network of clients.
We also have a few more big global names under wraps that we can’t announce just now, but we are excited to share results in the coming months.
- Zip Co — A fast-growing fintech delivering payment solutions by connecting over 12,000 brands with consumers who are looking for better ways to manage their finances, to improve their every day. (Consumer, Corporate Comms and Social)
- Huddle — Insurance industry disruptor Huddle uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to assess claims, prevent fraud and automate insurance processes. The technology enables members to get same-day payments or replacement items approved online in seconds, rather than weeks. (Consumer Comms)
- ON Accelerator, powered by CSIRO — CSIRO’s national program to help Australian researchers create positive economic, social and environmental impact from their developments. Through ON Accelerate, ON Prime and other innovator programs, ON Innovation helps researchers validate and develop their technology for adoption and commercialisation (B2B, Corporate and Consumer Comms)
- Jolie Home (AU & NZ) — Jolie Home is an independently owned decorative paint brand that offers a suite of creative and interior design tools built to help boutique retailers improve their customer experience (Consumer Comms and Social).
- Drops (US & NZ) — Featuring over 31 languages, Drops helps people learn new vocabulary through a series of fun, fast-paced games and simple mnemonic images. Built on years of research into language adoption, the tool was designed to easily integrate into the daily routine of its users.
- Pathmatics — On a mission to turn the world’s marketing data into actionable insights, Pathmatics is a marketing intelligence platform that brings transparency to the digital advertising ecosystem across video, social, display, and mobile.
- Netguru — From web and mobile development to product design, Netguru builds software that lets people do things differently.
We’re looking for a Head of Human Resources and a Head of Finance
We have smart, ambitious growth plans this year, and to achieve our goals we’ll be bolstering our operational team. We are currently on the lookout for an exceptional Head of Talent and an equally exceptional Head of Finance. These roles would best suit experienced upstarts who are looking for an opportunity to build something new and unique, not just be a cog in a big machine.
Vuki Vujasinovic, Founder & CEO, Sling & Stone:
“We come to work every day to tell the stories that shape the future of how we live, work, and play. Our clients are the most interesting, demanding, and ambitious in the world, and we love it.
“With 50 Slingers in three offices around the world now, I couldn’t be happier with how we are starting 2019.
“In addition to welcoming these great new brands and people to the Sling & Stone network, I want to congratulate Kya, James, and Kasi for their new global roles. We’re an agency where entrepreneurial people thrive, and it’s been a pleasure to work with them as they’ve built these careers alongside our now global scale.”