Sling & Stone, the global agency for tech challengers, has bolstered its national footprint across Australia opening an office in Melbourne and creating additional hubs in Brisbane and Adelaide.
The agency’s first three Melbourne hires are:
- Lucie Buchan, Account Director in the Business team, from WE Communications where she worked across a variety of sectors including enterprise and consumer technology, healthcare, travel and retail. Putting her wide ranging technology experience to use Lucie heads up campaigns for Xero, eStore Logistics, Sendle and Getty Images.
- Sarah Gordon, Account Director in the Business team, from Alt/Shift and previously Weber Shandwick working with enterprise technology and startup brands including CrowdStrike, ServiceNow, Splunk, Honeywell, Qualcomm and Dropbox. Sarah will be leading campaigns across information security and enterprise technology.
- Courtney Phelps, Senior Account Executive, previously at Keep Left with broad experience working with consumer, corporate and fintech clients. Courtney’s Sling & Stone clients include Melbourne based Stone & Chalk, agtech innovator AgriWebb and global work OS monday.com.
In Adelaide, Sling & Stone has welcomed Melissa van der Haak and supported the relocation of Fran Chitoriski, who heads up the global People team. Additionally in Brisbane, Sanjay Dove has joined alongside another transfer from Sydney; Senior Account Manager, Chloe Maguire.
- Melissa van der Haak is a Senior Account Director in the Consumer team. Returning to Australia from Avanti West Coast (formerly Virgin Trains) in the UK where she led a 14-strong in-house PR and Social team, Melissa is leading campaigns for Sling & Stone clients including v2food, ubank and Guzman y Gomez.
- Sanjay Dove, joins as Account Director in the Business team, joining from specialist UK tech disrupter agency, Wildfire, delivering campaigns for the likes of Samsung, Microsoft and ServiceNow. Sanjay has hit the ground running growing our portfolio enterprise technology clients and leading campaigns across Asia Pacific for HiBob, Dataiku, Snyk and Block Earner.
Vuki Vujasinovic, Founder and CEO, Sling & Stone:
“It’s been a long time coming. We’ve had Melbourne clients since we launched in 2010, and over the last 12 years while we’ve taken Sling & Stone’s global expansion to Auckland (2017), Los Angeles (2018), and Singapore (2021), we have always wanted to do the same on home soil.
“Australia is a hotbed for innovation, and the businesses that are going to shape the future of how we work, live and play come from all around our country. Today marks a significant milestone in our story, having Slingers on the ground in more of Australia’s capital cities enables us to better support local challengers, disruptors and entrepreneurs to share their important stories with the world.”